Everything about Microsoft Learn Student Ambassador (MLSA) Program.
The motto of MLSA :
Finding your community is more important than ever as classes and social activities take place virtually. Amplify your impact and bring together your peers to learn new skills, solve real-world problems, and build communities across the globe.
What is MLSA Program?
It is a program where the student developers learn using the resources provided by Microsoft on the trending technologies and then educate their fellow students on various Technical Skills.
Perks of being an MLSA :
· Office 365 subscription
· Visual Studio Enterprise subscription along with Azure credits worth $150/month
· LinkedIn Learning free for 6 months
· Free training of Microsoft technologies via Microsoft Learn
· Chance to visit nearby Microsoft HQ for meetups or hackathons (but due to COVID 19 every workshop and hackathon is going online)
· Opportunity to be invited for annual regional MLSA Summit
· MLSA students also get TechSmith’s Snagit and Camtasia for free.
· Networking opportunity with Microsoft officials and enthusiastic peers of various countries.
· Goodies by Microsoft after achieving the Beta milestone.
When you can apply for the MLSA program?
MLSAs are recruited on a quarterly basis. Starting from January the first batch is announced, i.e. Applications are open all around the year. So you can apply any time and the results will be declared in the next quarter. You can also reapply if your application has been rejected previously.
Eligibility for MLSA :
You must be at least 16 years old and actively enrolled in an accredited higher education academic institution. Anyone who is a university student and currently enrolled in any Undergraduate, Postgraduate, or in Ph.D. program, the student can be of any stream.
How to apply for MLSA?
Visit this site
https://studentambassadors.microsoft.com and sign in to your existing Microsoft account or create a new one.
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
As you click on Apply, this window appears.
In the ‘Privacy and Terms’ section, agree to the Privacy Statement and click ‘Next’ in order to proceed with your application-
In the ‘Personal Info’ section, fill your personal details that are mentioned there like name, contact email, gender, phone number, and get it verified by means of a one-time password.
Click ‘Next’ to proceed.
Now, fill in the School info, your college details, and the degree you are currently pursuing.
Then click on ‘Next’.
Now we have to fill the section ‘Written sample’ which is one of the most important parts of the application.
In the Writing sample, we have to provide our major efforts and consideration while filling this part.
It contains 3 parts -
* Inspire- “What excites you about technology and why you want to help other students explore and learn?”
*Teach- “How would you take a technical concept and teach it to a friend or peer that has never heard of it?”
*Promote- “If you were hosting an event at your school, how would you get students to attend?”
We can answer these questions either with a written sample or a video but at least one video must be provided under 2 minutes recorded with your phone or webcam as your choice but the voice can be clearly heard.
You have to provide the URL to the video. You can upload that video on YouTube, Google Drive, or One Drive and provide that link.
In this, you have to fill in the Additional info, like LinkedIn profile URL, technical blog post URL, etc. This section is optional, but I will recommend you fill as many fields as possible.
This is the last step of the Microsoft Learn Student Ambassador application.
In this section of ‘Technical Skills’, you have to tell in which technologies you are interested. Besides this, you can also share anything else if you want.
Now after filling in the all essential details, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
Just after submitting the application, you will get a confirmation via email and text message on the mobile you’ve verified in the initial application.
This is the mail I received after submitting the MLSA Application.
Whether you rejected or accepted for this program you will be informed by mail.
This is the rejection mail I received on 7th August 2020.
This is the selection mail I received on 7th January 2021.
Whether you got selected or rejected doesn’t matter. Apply again and give your best.
MLSA Milestones :
· Alpha- Student Ambassadors who complete a Microsoft Learn path will unlock Azure credits with Visual Studio Enterprise subscription benefits.
· Beta- Student Ambassadors who complete the requirements for Alpha and have hosted an event for other students in their community will earn the Beta badge to unlock event support and resource benefits.
· Gold- Select Student Ambassadors who have gone above and beyond in earning their badges and serving their local community will be invited to the Gold milestone and can become Student Partner Program Regional Leaders, gain access to special events, and may even be invited to become a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP).
Student Ambassador Roadmap
How to nominate someone for MLSA?
If you are a selected MLSA, you are able to nominate someone for the MLSA program but that person must have the qualities to be nominated as an MLSA.
For nominating someone for the MLSA program you first have to login into the MLSA site with your student ambassador account.
Click on the Apply now.
You will have to read the Disclaimer and tick the boxes. Now click on Next.
Check your information and click on Next.
You will have to fill in the nominee’s information and click on the Next and then check the summary and click on Next.
Now that person is nominated by you and you both received emails regarding that.
Main point: Now nominee has to fill the MLSA form by the link provided by that mail.
I hope this article helped you and you would get selected for the upcoming cohort of ambassadors.
All the best!!
Check my Student Ambassador profile: https://studentambassadors.microsoft.com/en-US/profile/72635
Feel free to reach me: