ALL ABOUT CHEGG
MY EXPERIENCE AND DRAWBACKS OF CHEGG.
HOW TO REGISTER?
ALONG WITH PAYMENT SCHEDULE OF CHEGG.
Chegg is a most trusted website and its payment schedule is very good. There are many ways to earn from Chegg but in this blog, I will only tell about the Subject Matter Expert (SME) and Text Book Solution (TBS) Expert. I registered on Chegg nearly seven months ago as a Subject Matter Expert.
If you are an SME they will provide you a question on your screen and they provide you 10 minutes to think whether you can submit this question or not. If you want to submit the answer to the question, they will give you another 2 hours to submit the answer. You can submit the answer either by typing or solve it on a white blank sheet, click the photo of that sheet and upload it. Generally, we are not able to express the answer on a single sheet of paper. Chegg provides us the option to upload so many sheets as we want.
And if you are not comfortable solving that question you can skip that with a valid reason and another question will appear on your screen and the same process goes on. If you skip a question that doesn’t affect your rating.
And there is an option of upvote and downvote in Chegg which is similar to like and dislike of YouTube. If the question sender likes your answer he may be upvoted you and if he is not satisfied with your answer he may dislike your answer or in words of Chegg downvote you.
Now your rating is determined by your CF Score. CF Score is generally no of upvotes divided by no of downvotes.
CF Score = No of upvotes/ No of downvotes.
And there is a small box in the upper left side of your screen which shows no of questions you solved, no of questions you skipped and your CF Score on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
This image is downloaded from Google, not of my Dashboard.
Chegg will pay you money only for those questions which are correct. The Chegg pay schedule is very good. Chegg has fixed the price for a question of a particular subject. Like you get Rs 75 for a question you solved of Basic Maths. Rs 75 is the minimum amount Chegg pays for a question and you get Rs 200 if you opt for Computer Science and Rs 200 is the maximum amount Chegg pays for a question. The amount of money you get by solving a particular question depends upon the subject you opt for. There are 26 subjects available in the Chegg.
They will pay you money on the 15th of next month for the questions you solved this month.
For example, I solve 50 questions in July. And the subject I opt for is Basic Maths i.e I will get Rs 75 per question.
So I get 50*75=3750 Rs and they deduce approx 10% of the amount. So finally I get 3750–10%3750 = Rs3375 in my hand on 15th August (Next month of July). They will transfer the money directly to your bank account.
Google downloaded image
How to Register?
Simply click on this link, this link will land you on their official site and their click on sign up. This is not a referral link, this is Chegg’s registration official link.
Steps to be followed for registering at Chegg:
1) Simply fill your and your college details.
2) You will receive an email on your registered email id. You have to give a qualification test for the subject you selected.
The link of that test is provided to your email id.
That test is an open book test. You can take help from any book or internet.
You have to solve 10 questions in 120 minutes.
You have to score more than 80% marks to be selected.
You have 2 chances to clear that test.
Immediately after you submit that test they will provide your score and whether you selected or not.
3) Now they will mail you regarding another test which is of their guidelines. They will mail you the pdf of their guidelines and you have to take the test after reading their guidelines. The link to that test is provided in that email.
Now in this test, you also have to score more than 80% marks and you have 3 chances to clear that test.
4) Now after clearing both these exams you have to upload your documents such as your mark sheet, pan card, or something else they want.
5) Now they verify your documents and after the verification process is completed, they will mail you regarding that.
6) And congratulations you are selected as Subject Matter Expert at Chegg Inc.
1) Chegg is a USA based company so generally, you get the question from 11 pm to 8 am according to Indian time. So in the day time, the flow of questions is very low.
2) Sometimes they ask questions that are very tough and generally, the basic concepts of that question are not taught in India.
Some difference in the syllabus of India and USA is the main reason behind that.
3) There is a large no of experts available in the Chegg already which results in the competition and you are not able to solve a good no of questions.
Difference b/w SME and TBS Expert
Till today you don’t directly register to TBS Expert. You first have to register on Chegg as SME and if they find you worth even as TBS Expert they will mail you regarding that.
I joined Chegg as SME in January and in April I received a mail from them that I have selected as TBS Expert.
The basic difference between SME and TBS Expert is that an SME you have to submit the answer to the question they have provided you on your screen in 2 hours but in TBS you have to submit a no of questions in a particular span of days.
Google downloaded image
Like in SME you have to submit the answer to a question in the next 2 hours, it is a compulsion. But in TBS they will provide you like you have to submit solutions of 10 questions in the next 3 days whether you solve it in the morning or evening doesn’t matter.
I try to solve every doubt and everything regarding Chegg.
And if you have any further doubt or advice you can connect with me on LinkedIn